You should raise the issue with your provider first and give them an opportunity to resolve it.
Once you and your provider have reached the end of the provider's complaint process and you are not happy with the outcome, iStudent Complaints may be able to help. Before making a complaint, check that it's something iStudent Complaints can help you with. If you are not sure, contact NZQA first for advice.
Who can make a complaint?
What can I complain about?
iStudent Complaints resolves your contractual and financial disputes against your provider in New Zealand. We will direct any complaints about Code breaches to NZQA.
iStudent Complaints may decline to accept a complaint for one or more of the following reasons:
- The provider has not been given an opportunity to resolve the issue raised by the dispute.
- The dispute is being addressed in another forum (such as the Disputes Tribunal or a Court).
- The dispute would be more appropriately dealt with by a court, tribunal, or other authority.
- The dispute has been previously dealt with by iStudent Complaints.
- The claim is frivolous or vexatious.
- Given the age of the dispute, it is no longer feasible to gather sufficient evidence or other information for resolution of the dispute.
How much will it cost?
Nothing. The service is fully funded by the Export Education Levy.
Accessing an interpreter
Language Line is available for iStudent Complaints student claimants to assist. We can arrange an interpreter if needed.